Winter Holiday Tips, St. Gallenkirch, Montafon
There are a total of 60 cable car and lift systems in Montafon, which provide access to 227 kilometres of pistes and skiing routes. 140 kilometres of these pistes are found at Silvretta Montafon, the largest ski resort in the region. You can not only expect to experience the usual types of fun-packed skiing adventures, but there are also a host of other more unusual experiences and special freeride hotspots to enjoy. You can explore over 200 kilometres of ski runs of varying degrees of difficulty at the Vorarlberg ski resorts of Montafon and Brandnertal.
Ski Resorts in Montafon
- The Silvretta Montafon Ski Resort boasts 37 lift systems and 140 kilometres of pistes. You can expect guaranteed snow at this resort, which is located 2,430 metres above sea level. Ski schools, Kinderland (children’s snow park), night tobogganing, XL Snow Park
- Gargellen includes 8 lifts and 47 kilometres of pistes
- Golm includes 9 lifts and 32 kilometres of pistes, 3 kilometres of groomed cross-country ski trails, floodlit toboggan track
- Silvretta Bielerhöhe includes 2 lifts and 2 kilometres of pistes, 22 kilometres of groomed cross-country ski trails, the largest ski touring area in Vorarlberg
- Kirstbergbahn Silbertal including 3 lifts, 7.5 kilometres of pistes, 11 kilometres of groomed cross-country ski trails, 45 kilometres of hiking trails, 5 snowshoe trails, 1 Kinderland (children’s snow park)
Guided ski touring trips with government-certified mountain and ski guides are really special experiences. The mountain guides in Montafon have a thorough knowledge of the local snow, weather and avalanche conditions, and will enable you to enjoy a truly memorable day of touring. We would be happy to advise you.
Winter Hiking and Snowshoe Hiking
Hiking trails providing both leisurely and more challenging experiences ensure that there is something for everyone to enjoy. There are perfectly groomed slopes of varying degrees of difficulty (easy, moderately difficult and difficult) and plenty of opportunities to stop off for some comforting refreshments. The trails in Bartholomäberg and Silbertal are an absolute must for winter hikers.
100 kilometres of cross-country skiing trails await you in Montafon, ranging from easy to moderately difficult. Some of the trails are partially floodlit until 10pm. It is useful to know that some of the trails conveniently start directly from our car park.
An extended toboggan track, which has been partially floodlit for night tobogganing, makes sledging a real delight. The 5.4 kilometre track at Hochjoch is perfect for family fun. If you fancy something a bit wilder, you can try out Montafon’s spectacular adventure ride called the Golm Alpine Coaster.
In Montafon you can enjoy a whole host of activities on the ice: You can have a go at ice skating, ice hockey or curling on the floodlit natural ice rink in Silbertal or at the indoor ice rink at the Montafon Aktivpark.